Since 1981 Stress Reduction Systems has been reducing stress in Silicon Valley. Contact Stress Reduction Systems today to design and implement a stress reduction or wellness program for your organization.
- With both parents in most families working and Americans spending more time than ever at work: stress has reached epidemic proportions. An estimated 80% of all the illnesses that plague modern society are either precipitated or aggravated by stress.
- 75 to 90 percent of all visits to primary care physicians are for stress related complaints or conditions.
- Job related stress and strain costs American Industry more than $300 billion annually due to absenteeism, reduced productivity, workers compensation claims, insurance and medical fees and training new employees because of job turnover.
- Job stress is far and away the leading source of stress for American adults. Health care expenditures are nearly 50% greater for workers who report high stress levels.
- In fact, only three cents of every dollar spent on health care in the US is for prevention, yet the average return for every dollar invested in illness preventing programs is $5.00
- Stress is an international problem and is being documented throughout the world. The World Health Organization reported that work related diseases and injuries cost 4% of the world's gross product.
Stress related problems are so rampant because many people do not know safe, healthy, and successful ways of coping with modern stresses. Too often, people under stress try to artificially escape it through alcohol, self-medication with illegal drugs or prescription muscle relaxants, tranquilizers, and sleeping pills. These escapes merely suppress stress symptoms and lead to other serious problems such as addiction, liver damage, impotence, fatigue, nausea, drowsiness, gastric irritation and bleeding, mental confusion and psychoses.